I need to repair a Pearl Grandfather clock

by Randy Veach
(Round Rock, Tx)

I purchased a pearl grandfather clock 34 years ago for my wife's birthday. It still works, but has some issues. I need to replace the movement, and have a few questions.

The book shows the movements as; H-451 / H-461 / H-1151 / H-1161. How can I tell which movement I need?

E-bay shows a Hermle 451 050 HS for sale, is that the same as the Pearl H-451?

E-bay also show different cm (94, 114), what is that about? And how can I determine which one I need?

Replacing the movement looks pretty straight forward. Am I over simplifying the change?

Is there anything I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments for I need to repair a Pearl Grandfather clock

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 24, 2014
Answers ?
by: Randy Veach

I posted a question thinking this Forum is like most other Forum's where you post questions and get answers. All I get are other people looking for answers to there own questions. I assume your Forum does not have individuals that know answers to the questions that have been submitted. Please remove me from your list, I no longer want to be affiliated with this forum.

Randy Veach

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Grandfather Clock Repair Forum.